On 24/02/12 11:43, Walter Bright wrote:
On 2/23/2012 4:01 PM, F i L wrote:
Well then I disagree with Walter on this as well. What's wrong with
having a
"standard" toolset in the same way you have standard libraries? It's
unrealistic
to think people (at large) will be writing any sort of serious
application
outside of a modern IDE. I'm not saying it's Walters job to write IDE
integration, only that the language design shouldn't cater to the smaller
use-case scenario.

Do you really want a language that the source code isn't readable or
browsable outside of an IDE?

Like the switch from command line to GUI, perhaps there are some that
are ready to switch from text files to some visually graphy thingy for
source code. But D ain't such a language. I don't know what such a
language would look like.

There are quite a few people who use LabVIEW at my work place. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LabVIEW

-Lars