Le 26/02/2012 00:25, so a écrit :
On Friday, 24 February 2012 at 00:01:52 UTC, F i L wrote:

Well then I disagree with Walter on this as well. What's wrong with
having a "standard" toolset in the same way you have standard
libraries? It's unrealistic to think people (at large) will be writing
any sort of serious application outside of a modern IDE. I'm not
saying it's Walters job to write IDE integration, only that the
language design shouldn't cater to the smaller use-case scenario.

Cleaner code is easier to read and, within an IDE with tooltips, makes
little difference when looking at the hierarchy. If you want to be
hard-core about it, no one is stopping you from explicitly qualifying
each definition.

Debugger is the single tool in VisualStudio that i failed to replace in
unix land.
I have tried many of them and they all sucked. They are either
incomplete or crash too often. Command line gdb is not much of an
option. The situation is so bad that looks like i need to go back to the
VisualC++/gvim combo.

You have GUI that goes over gdb and are nice to use.