It could be that they don't care to cater to people who hate JS. There
aren't that many of you.

There are enough.

Apparently not. http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/ydn/posts/2010/10/how-many-users-have-javascript-disabled/

I'm perfectly willing to give up on 1-2% of Internet users who have JS disabled.

I use NoScript, so by default my JS is disabled for 99% of the sites I go to. That means you'll give up on me? Hmm :(

And it's beside the point anyway. Things that don't need
JS sholdn't be using JS anyway, regardless of whether you hate it or have enough brain damage to think it's the greatest thing since the transistor.

No, it *is* the point. As a web developer, javascript is used by the vast majority of users, so I assume it can be used. If you don't like that, I guess that's too bad for you, you may go find content elsewhere. It's not worth my time to cater to you.

Unfortunately I need to disagree with you there. JS although is nice sometimes, I find more often a pain in the butt rather than a help. NoScript shows on quite a few sites that they have some 10 or 20 sites they reference JS scripts from, which doesn't make sense. half of those sites tend to be statistic gathering sites, which I don't particularly trust. Actually I don't trust a lot of sites.

Plus I'm a little more anal about what does and does not run on my computer; Last think I need when I open a Page is it loads ten or twenty extra things I don't care about, takes up resources I don't want to give up, uses more memory, and for a tiny convenience, or trying to make it more an 'application' experience rather than a web Page. In my mind, JS should be used to help you where HTML and CSS cannot go. Checking inputs for a form post, some menus, etc.

I have refused to go to some sites that require you to disable NoScript or Adblocker Plus; I'm willing to allow access past those features it for my one or two visits but I refuse to disable/remove it. I just feel safer that way. I wonder if I didn't have it, how many gigs I would be waiting and using for ads and other useless crap.

It's like saying you think cell phones are evil, and refuse to get one. But then complain that there are no pay phones for you to use, and demand businesses install pay phones in case people like you want to use them.

Maybe... I consider myself simple and practical; I use features and items that serve their purpose (Usually specific). I enjoy a simple cell phone, no bells, no whistles. Give me access to dialing a number, hold a small list of names and numbers I dial recently or enter in, time and date. That's all I ever want. Instead they are pushing cell phones that are actually mini-computers (Android and smart phones); Nothing wrong with that I guess, but I just want a phone, nothing special.

In the same regard you can compare that people could refuse to use a phone booth unless it has a computer hooked up, internet access, use it to check email and browse while you talk, or doesn't allow you to send text messages and enter a quarter to send it, and doesn't have a camera you can snap a picture of yourself to show how good or drunk you are to your friends.