On Saturday, 19 May 2012 at 13:49:28 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
On May 18, 2012, at 7:10 PM, "Mehrdad" <wfunct...@hotmail.com> wrote:

2. Okay, so that's clever. :P Now tell me what you do when you have dozens of lines in your source file like

   @property auto length() { return _range.length; }

and you want to rename the field 'length'? How do you prevent the second one from getting renamed?

sed using a regex that accounts for more of the line than just "length", like " length(". It only gets tricky if you are renaming a method call with a non-unique name, which is when you need to use compiler output to flag the offending lines since pure text analysis won't cut it.

Somehow I fail to see how this is more productive than doing a "rename method"
option.