On 5/24/2012 4:45 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Mirko Pilger" <pil...@cymotec.de> wrote in message
>>> And Vista doesn't pop-up tons of shit everytime the pointer gets near the
>>> bottom of the screen. I'd never be able to get any work done if I had
>>> (barely-distinguishable) mini-screenshots constantly popping up to "help"
>>> me
>>> all time like Win7 loves to do.
>>
>> just turn aero off. the win 7 desktop then looks and behaves very similar
>> to xp.
>
> No it doesn't. The "skin" is like XP, but all the behavior is still the same
> Win7 stuff. It's still Windows Dock, just with more grey and straight edges.

FYI: You can set it up so it works exactly like XP. You can disable
docking/pinning and instance combination, and then create a panel with
buttons to simulate "quick launch". I've done that at work, never looked
back.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/make-the-windows-7-taskbar-work-more-like-windows-xp-or-vista/

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/add-the-quick-launch-bar-to-the-taskbar-in-windows-7/

I still prefer XP, though. It seems faster, it takes less space, and
despite all MS claims, I had less virus problems with it than with
Windows 7.