On Tuesday, 22 May 2012 at 11:56:36 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
Make up your fucking mind, MS.

It's called Marketing and Sales department.

Every company that sells commercial products needs to keep adding the "next big thing" to their product as a means to sell the product to existing users.

Let's take Office as an example, for my usual tasks, I could happily still use Word 6 from the Windows 3.11 days.

--
Paulo

Yesterday, just discover that a old machine running with a Athlon 800Mhz with 128 Mb and Windows 98 with Word 2000 load more faster and works more smooth that my modern FX4100 with 4 cores at 3,6 Ghz with 8Gb of RAM, Windows 7 and Word 2010.
Something go very wrong in the way with Windows.

At least my faithful GNU/Linux loads and works more faster that Win7 and takes a similar time like these old machine with Win98.