On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 16:30:07 -0400, Nick Sabalausky <seewebsitetocontac...@semitwist.com> wrote:

Ouch. I haven't had virus problems on my XP system (knock on wood...), but
my sister's had a lot of virus trouble on her Win7 machine (and guess who
had to fix the fucking thing every time...) Of course, my dad had a lot of
virus trouble on his old XP machne (and again, guess who got to fix the
goddamn thing), but then again, he's an idiot and does all sorts of stupid shit like click on ads, and give the advertiser pages his phone number when
they ask for it, and doing all that *despite* noticing that it all seemed
fishy, and god knows what else that he *hasn't* told me about. Colossal
fucking moron.

Hehe, I think all of us here have similar stories.

My in-laws have vista, and after I had to reinstall their computer due to malware messing up some internal microsoft services, I told them either they find someone else to help them with the computer, or agree to be non-admin users on their system. Now only I have admin privileges, and things have gone much smoother since then.

Unfortunately, malware can still fuck up your IE profile.

-Steve