On 06/22/2012 05:21 PM, Mehrdad wrote:
On Friday, 22 June 2012 at 15:12:13 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
Note that this kind of melodramatism is not helping your case.
Getting insulted and shooting in all directions is genuinely stupid
behaviour and wastes everyone's time.

You have to realize that some of your comments have been rather
impolite lately.

You mean in response to @Dmitri's comments? Or to someone else?

It would be very helpful for me if you could show a couple examples of
what you're referring to.

You like blaming someone, or claiming someone has bad intentions. Eg:

Which leads me to believe that whoever has this information doesn't want people
to use it for D development...

The way I'm understanding it is that the message is essentially "If you want to
develop your own
systems with our systems programming language, then you gotta buy it, sorry.
Batteries not included."

There is no need to deduce such messages from insufficient support or
documentation of a free product run 100% by volunteers.

Who should such comments be directed at? What should their effect be? I only see it generating bad air.

Why do you assume that everyone else cares a lot more about how some
random comment might be conceived?

"Might" be conceived? Is it really just me? Okay, well then you tell me:

Isn't the quote
If you can't figure it out on your own, chances are you won't be able to
do what you wanted in the first place
just saying I'm too stupid for this to help me anyway?

I think it does not matter, because the optimal reaction would be the same in each case: ignore the comment and continue the productive part
of the discussion.