On Friday, 22 June 2012 at 17:41:06 UTC, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
On Friday, 22 June 2012 at 17:33:17 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
I have no reason not to. :)
But I also have a hard time integrating that fact into the rest of the discussion, since I obviously don't know Russian.
In general, it is easy to write two very different statements in Russian which may be considered to have similar or equivalent meanings. In many cases it is OK to say something figuratively, and people will very likely perceive the meaning correctly. That may easily become a habit. This often causes me to say vague statements in English.

No I mean, I understand what you're saying. It's just that, well, the writer's nationality is sorta beyond my scope as a reader. :-)