Why are they saying it is better?  That is the question the ARRL's
proposal didn't answer!

No mathematical analysis of anything, no assessment of current
baud/bps/bandwidth protocols, and no analysis/assessment of
development/experimentation papers by business or universities.  No
analysis of other regions bandplans or experiences.  Do they think
everyone sees them as the 'skunk works' of ham radio and they don't
need to provide substantiation for what they claim?  What are we to
do, believe them on faith?

What math or technical assessment stands behind 200, 500, and 3.5 kHz
bandwidths?  Where is the white paper written to support this.  Why
not 1, 2, and 4 kHz?  Why is there only 10 kHz of 200 Hz bandwidth on
40 m for general class licensees?  Why are 100 kHz signals of any
emmision type allowed to roam through repeater inputs on 2m?  Question
after question and no answers.  Maybe we will see some in the reply
comments?

A massive change requires massive work on the front end or no one will
accept it.  The ARRL would have done better to spend 12 months
educating hams by printing white papers in QST as to the gathering of
data and their subsequent analysis, i.e. been very, very open about
what was being looked at, what their data was, and the logic behind
conclusions.  To write an epistle, and believe it will simply be
accepted by the whole population of hams is folly!

Jim
WA0LYK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Waterman, k4cjx"