ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 08:48 AM 8/24/2006, kd4e wrote:

>Movements toward standardization are fraught with
>risk. Standardization forced VHS vs the superior
>BETA because those with superior market clout had
>their way.

This canard needs to be put to rest once and for all.

The market makes choices based on many factors, not just some
supposed "superiority". For example, the Apple computer folks have
bragged on the superiority of Macs for years, yet actual customers
avoid them in droves, even IT professionals.

If Beta had really been better in the overall picture, we'd have all bought it.

Bill, W6WRT