>> and Linux the most powerful for the user to
>> customize.
>
> ------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------
>
> That's funny!
>
> Reminds me of the ad for a old car that is a rusted out pile of junk
> with the comment "ready for restoration".
>
> Made my day.
>
> Bill, W6WRT

You miss the reality -- one of the two largest makers
of animated movies uses Linux.  Why?

Because they can write customized apps.

They said that neither MS or Apple could keep up with
their needs and that licensing was a nightmare.

Linux set them free and they are at the top of their
industry as a result.

Your perspective is like criticizing McGuyver for making
something work instead of surrendering because he could
not buy what he needed off a store shelf.

A majority, or close to it, of the servers in the world
run on Linux.  Even MS was caught using a Linux server!

If a race care team only bought their cars off the
consumer lot they'd lose every time -- they customize!

In the Ham digital realm when a Ham does not find an
existing mode that does what he thinks it should he/she
may choose to write their own.

BTW:  Some of them are actually in Linux.  Imagine that!

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E