Rick  I think that you are pretty much looking at RTTY freqs, which usually
are 2 or 3 KC above the PSK signals, and upward from there.  This suggest
calling freq for other digital modes, therefore should be a bit above or
below the combination package of PSK/RTTY so as to get them out of each
others way.  As to giving your VFO (dial) freq, that is not the normal way
PSK is spotted, nor any other mode dependant on a "waterfall".  As you say,
everyone is a bit different as to where their waterfall "pointer" lies on a
digital signal.  It is much better to just spot the actual freq where the
audio signal comes out on the waterfall. I.E.  14.0731.  No matter who
clicks on a spot like that, their "trace" comes out on the waterfall as that
freq.  We dont care where each others dial freq is - but the location of the
signal.  In your case its dial plus 1500 -  In mine its dial plus 1000,
other will have similar setting according to where their sound card best
passes a signal (sweet spot), and there is no qestion where the transmitting
signal is found.  Double click a spot, and bang- your reciever/transmitter
freqs are set properly, and no one has to look around to see where in the
world the spotter found it.

I am a bit perplexed about 160 meters.  It is such a wide band, with so few
signals per KHZ, I wonder why anyone wants to send SSB, for instance, down
in the low part.  We should have sub bands down there, even more than the
other bands, but dont.  Why anyone would want to send SSB on top of ongoing
CW signals is beyond me, but they do it all the time there.  Thus, I think
your suggestion for PSK at 1.808 or even lower is much too low for that
activity.  How about bringing it up to 1.850 and have cw below that and SSB
above it?  If not - why not?  Most all of us have antenna tuners these days,
and we dont run much power on PSK anyway, so it hasnt much to do with where
our antennas are "cut".  I could certainly understand the mix-mash mess on
160 back when radio location signals abounded on the band, and hams in
specific areas of the states/world were forbidden to operated in portions
near those signals.  That is no longer the case and we can pretty much
transmit wherever we want on that band.  We just need some gentlemens
agreement (I.E. subbands) to protect signals from inteference from different
modes.

Danny Douglas N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all
DX 2-6 years each
.
QSL LOTW-buro- direct
As courtesty I upload to eQSL but if you
    use that - also pls upload to LOTW
    or hard card.

moderator  [EMAIL PROTECTED]