Hi Andy,

A system that implemented the ALE Data Block Message (DBM) ARQ
protocol using the PC Sound Device Modem (PCSDM) which at a raw 125
baud with its deep interleaving providing a full 3x throughput on a
good circuit where no ACK/NAK failures occurred would be much better.
GTOR which blows away PACTOR I is blown away by ALE DBM and best of
all it can be easily implemented on the PCSDM as the ACK/NAK
is  variable in seconds and not milliseconds. In MARS we sending
messages using DBM ARQ and FTP on channels where GTOR and PACTOR I
are failing, its really something to see for yourself. The DBM
protocol is extremely robust and it supports bidirectional messaging
as well which is an interesting twist when two stations are attended.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH