I must be one of the stupid folks that have a "misconception" about
what the withdrawn petition was to accomplish.

Could you enlighten us on just exactly what "modes" are being blocked
by the current regulations.  What bands do these modes operate on?
What is the purpose of the blocked modes?

The ARRL stated that very wide multi-tone modems ARE allowed under
current regulations and I guess I'm just not educated enough to know
that implementation of some better modes are being blocked.  Heck,
pactor 3 only operates at 100 baud.  Does SCS have an even better
modem that works at something over 300 baud?

Jim
WA0LYK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Vodall WA7NWP" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>