  From: jgorman01
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 15:18 UTC
  Subject: [digitalradio] Re: ARRL wake up ......

  I must be one of the stupid folks that have a "misconception" about
  what the withdrawn petition was to accomplish.

  Could you enlighten us on just exactly what "modes" are being blocked
  by the current regulations. What bands do these modes operate on?
  What is the purpose of the blocked modes?

  The ARRL stated that very wide multi-tone modems ARE allowed under
  current regulations and I guess I'm just not educated enough to know
  that implementation of some better modes are being blocked. Heck,
  pactor 3 only operates at 100 baud. Does SCS have an even better
  modem that works at something over 300 baud?

  Jim
  WA0LYK

  --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Vodall WA7NWP" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>