There *will* be such a requirement in the next FCC
go-around -- failure to ID in a common mode so our
self-policing hobby has a prayer of self-policing
has been a major concern of folks communicating to
the FCC.

They have heard that loud -- and in the clear.  :-)

Add to that the concerns about functional-encryption
for highly proprietary and costly modes and we will
see increased demands from the FCC for common mode
ID's -- and hopefully public domain receive-only
versions of proprietary modes.

The FCC does not want to have to directly police
the Ham bands so they have to give Hams the tools
to do it for them.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html