We are talking two different things here. Both RFSM2400 and 141A are ARQ modes,
and between the two
141A seems a little more robust

In non ARQ modes Olivia 2000/64 tones is absolutley amazing. True, it's slow,
true, it's wide but will work way down into the weeds
much further into the noise than MFSK16 can. DOM EX is also very good under
poor conditions.... confess that I have not done enough
testing with it.

141A used "unproto" seems to be about as good as Olivia 500/16 and I think
better than MFSK16.

If the idea is to pass messages with 100% accuracy, then an ARQ mode is
required, and 141A seems to be a little better. Patrick now has the latest
version of MultiPSK up on his website , http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm
suggest you d'load and try it out. ver 4.3

In fact, for the next 24 hours  I have my station on 7040.5 USB , on 141A. feel
free to connect and leave me a message. station call is VE5MU.
this is one of the international ALE frequencies.

I'm with Ralph; we need to find a system which is simple enough using sound
cards, to pass messages with 100% accuracy (ARQ), without
the need to purchase an expensive modem such as the one Pactor 3 requires.

John
VE5MU