I received an ALE call on 7MHz from John VE5MU today at approximately
0250UTC. I was in another room, away from the radio, and heard John's
call trigger my computer's speaker beeping, so I went to the keyboard.

John had already sent me a short hello message by the time I reached
the keyboard. His signal was audibly about RST329, with bad QRN and
deep fluttery QSB. I was running 50Watts and a dipole antenna, using
MULTIPSK.

I sent the following message via FAE ARQ, total 68 seconds:
THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY RELIEF MESSAGING SYSTEM.
THIS IS ONLY A DRILL.
SUPPLIES ARE NEEDED FOR THE RELIEF STATION AT XYZ CITY CENTER.
SEND 1000 MEALS AND 500 GALLONS OF WATER.
THIS IS ONLY A DRILL.
END OF MESSAGE

John sent the same message back via FAE ARQ, total 90 seconds:
THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY RELIEF MESSAGING SYSTEM.
THIS IS ONLY A DRILL.
SUPPLIES ARE NEEDED FOR THE RELIEF STATION AT XYZ CITY CENTER.
SEND 1000 MEALS AND 500 GALLONS OF WATER.
THIS IS ONLY A DRILL.
END OF MESSAGE

We continued to chat via keyboarding FAE ARQ, then signed off.
The system seemed to work well, linked, and passed a message
with no errors, in adverse propagation conditions.

Bonnie KQ6XA