The sound card should be within a Hz or so. It is a new Soundblaster
variant. I use Multipsk as the software program. I don't think that I
put PC-ALE back on the XP box after reloading XP to survive a dual boot
mess with Linux. I might try putting PC-ALE back on again if I just can
not get anything to work with Multipsk. One other station that has been
experimenting as I have indicated to me that there is some kind of issue
with a needed space but I am not clear on that.

If anyone has had good success with sending e-mail messages, it would be
helpful to show the format you used, especially with Multipsk. I may be
doing it wrong.

I have been on Channel Zero in recent time, but did not receive any
help. The HFLink forums Bonnie removed me from a few months back when I
asked for help in contacting the FCC to get some clear understanding of
the rules when it comes to the stations transmitting beacons. Before
that she would block my posting of questions that made her
"uncomfortable." Most would give up by then, but I still want to see if
it can be useful. Eventually, I will be publishing information on the
HFDEC group, etc. as to what I find works or doesn't work. I support
other hams to do similarly and let us know of your practical experience.

Loss of the two closest stations to my QTH have impacted our area for
NVIS operation. Alan, KM4BA has commented that NVIS is not a good thing
to be using when you can be going longer distances.  I have no idea of
why he claims that since I would strongly recommend the exact opposite
as much as you possibly can, to not tie up long range (many more
potential connects) to a given server. That was often a problem with
distant Aplink and Winlink connection attempts in the old days before
Winlink 2000.