At 09:35 PM 6/24/2008, you wrote (in part):

>Along with the great majority of digital oriented hams,  I prefer sound
>card modes and have no plans to move back toward legacy hardware.

Would you not say that having the, as you put it "legacy hardware"
and not using it would be a step backwards as well? I as well as a lot
of other hams that do have and use that equipment enjoy it.

There are a lot of very good sound card modes but I have yet to see a
replacement for the ARQ modes. That can keep up with the hardware
driven modes.

John, W0JAB