The program claims to be compatible with MIL-STD 188-110, thus it would
be very surprising if the FCC did not allow its use here in the U.S.

I suppose if it did not interoperate with any other MIL-STD-188-110
modem, then you could get suspicious about how it functions, but almost
no hams would have such a modem available to them for testing, HI.

Since RFSM2400 also includes a "non-standard" mode made specifically for
ham audio bandwidth use it does not seem that this is a limiting factor.

It is probably a moot point since it is likely not being used by many
(any?) of us due to its limitations. It is doubtful that I will be using
it anymore since further development on the free version has been
discontinued and I it is rare that anyone will pay for digital ham
software now that there are so many good programs available that can
outperform MIL-STD-118-110 when the signals become weak ... which is so
often the case on ham frequencies.

The main use of high speed modems has been for casual e-mail use when
conditions are good enough to permit such transfers. There is some
interest in being able to send larger documents and images, by a few of
us, but it is a very small subset of hams and I have not seen much
interest from others.