At 11:46 AM 11/28/2008, you wrote:
    Wonder if anyone has encountered this type of noise. It's a raspy,
pulsating sound. It lasts 10 seconds, is silent for 5, then starts again
The pulses are about 5 per second.

    It's showing up on a lot of bands. Right now I have it at about
21.048, but have heard it on several ham frequencies.

    We haven't added any new electronics in the house at all. We are in
a rural setting, with the nearest neighbor several hundred feet away. We
do have cable TV and cable internet, and I wonder if this might be a
"test birdie" I've heard mentioned in the past. It seems to run 24/7,
and just started up within the last few days.

Does it go away when you remove the antenna? That will pretty much eliminate the likelyhood its a birdie.

Lots of cheap consumer stuff emits RF, unfortunately.. Maybe someones' fancy Christmas Lights half a mile away.

   Ed

Dial Broadband has arrived Nationwide! Up to 5 times faster than traditional dialup connections from $13.33/month! See the demo for yourself at <a href="http://www.BigValley.net";>www.BigValley.net</a>