I wonder if it is Pactor 3 ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave 'Doc' Corio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:46:45
To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [digitalradio] Odd noise in receiver

    Wonder if anyone has encountered this type of noise. It's a raspy,
pulsating sound. It lasts 10 seconds, is silent for 5, then starts again
The pulses are about 5 per second.

    It's showing up on a lot of bands. Right now I have it at about
21.048, but have heard it on several ham frequencies.

    We haven't added any new electronics in the house at all. We are in
a rural setting, with the nearest neighbor several hundred feet away. We
do have cable TV and cable internet, and I wonder if this might be a
"test birdie" I've heard mentioned in the past. It seems to run 24/7,
and just started up within the last few days.

    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
73
Dave