In my 2009 Olivia qso's the majority of my partners were using DM780 (about
40%), Multipsk (about 30%), FLdigi and MixW more or less equally sharing the
remaining 30%.

It's interesting to see that you can predict more or less if somebody is using
DM780 or FLdigi: FLdigi is interpreting some uncommon characters like the
German Ä (A Umlaut) etc. in a very specific way, and DM780 has the problem that
the first characters of a call at the beginning cannot be decoded. Sometimes I
have the impression (and that means I cannot say that my observation is really
correct) that MixW users show up with a slightly different signal in the
waterfall. I don't know if this is not a secondary effect because MixW-users
may set up their radio in a different way. Would be interesting if others could
confirm this very subjective statement.

73

Juergen, DL8LE

73