Well, I was going to start using ROS on UHF and maybe occasionally on HF and
let the K3UK decision and other chips fall where they might.

However, the ARRL just released a statement indicating that the author of the
software has lied to the amateur community about the legal status of his
program in the USA.

Read this if you care:

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2010/03/04/11377/?nc=1

In view of the foregoing, I will not use ROS in my station.  Nor will I
recommend that any other ham use it.  I will stop short of suggesting that
anyone NOT use it (at least on UHF where it is legal here in the USA).

73 de Dave, NF2G