Ok hang on
 I just read the statement.  Doesn't it say that use of spread spectrum is
not permitted below such and such a band.  However I see reasonably no
different a spread spectrum exists to the USB /lsb/ 20m packet, amtor/
pactor etc etc i.e. 2.4khz or less  (and AM is that very wide ????) that
would challenge that.    I know I have been active within this group but
cant see the problem.
As long as it is within the usual pass band of ssb what's the problem.  If
what they are saying is true the armatures wouldn't be allowed ssb /  am .
Communications surely. Unless we used some magic tuning to over th band for
one qso?

Again I am not the most technically minded but wsy. ????

I may be stepping out of line but   although I think the discussion has gone
long enough.  I don't see why operators should try another mode.  Is this
not in keeping with the spirit of ham radio after all. \this is an
experimental mode and worthy of discussion I agree.

For example.  I have a sparking power line which the UK Scottish power will
do nothing about.     How about having a go at the commercial companies for
ruining our hobby rather than us all squabbling over something  so trivial.

As I said before

C 24 is on us and I am hoping to receive a 746 Mk 1 and generally am happy
to work new dx, speak to locals and usual suspects and generally have a good
time.
I'd be so much happier if the power company fixed my power line. As s8 on
20m

Enough said

Toby mm0tob