Hi All,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Christoph Noack <christ...@dogmatux.com> wrote:
> Hi Friedrich, all!
>
> Sorry for joining so late ... I browsed through the thread and here are
> some comments from my side.
>

> Am Mittwoch, den 30.03.2011, 21:23 +0200 schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Friedrich Strohmaier schrieb:
>>
>> [..]
>>
>> > My proposal:
>> > lets collect proposals for soundfiles pronouncing "LibreOffice" and
>> > have a simple voting for the one we point to, if people ask.
>> > This can be Files created by community members or some
>> > found in the internet. The first may be preferable due to license
>> > issues.
>>
>> Here You can hear me saying "LibreOffice":
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/e/e2/Libreoffice_ger-tongue_fs.mp3

>> > more proposals?
>
> When we started to discuss the branding for LibreOffice, I also added
> stuff that had been collected within similar threads. Here you go:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#LibreOffice
>

>> > comments?
>
> Yes :-) If we agree on a certain pronunciation, then we can ask for
> professional support to record audio files. Florian once provided me
> some information on people who offered support quite some time ago -
> professional speakers (thus, still an open task on my side).
>
> Personally, it would be even better (in my opinion), to have a generic
> video explaining LibreOffice that "automatically" explains the
> pronunciation by simply using it. Such a promotional video should be
> linked from within the website to explain LibO to new users. My 2 ct.
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph
>

> --

As a native American English speaker and having never heard
LibreOffice pronounced,
I was very surprised to hear Fredrick pronounce LibreOffice exactly like I
would pronounce it.

+1 on the lousy Google translation.

Christoph, I really like the idea of a video explaining LibreOffice. I think
a LibO home page video is a great way to introduce users to LibO. There
is nothing like a face to face to break the ice even if it's a video.

--
Lyle Cochran
www.bytepowered.org