2011/6/5 André Schnabel <andre.schna...@gmx.net>

> Hi,
>

> Am 04.06.2011 18:41, schrieb Ian Lynch:
>
>> On 4 June 2011 17:29, Gianluca Turconi<pub...@letturefantastiche.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>> Is it sure there will be a *product*?
>>>
>>>  I think IBM need it for symphony so on those grounds alone I'd say there
>> will be code licensed so that it can be used in that product as a minimum.
>>

> Let me rephrase to: "Will there be a product named OpenOffice.org?"
>
> I cannot answer, but as Gianluca mentioned Apache is more about a project,
> not a product.  And considering the OOo dependencies to copyleft components,
> it will be quite a lot of work to get something that can be called "product"
> and behaves like OpenOffice.org.
>
> It is obvious that there will be a product called "Symphony" .. but
> "OpenOffice.org"?

This is a core point of this discussion.

I may not contribute to Apache OOo because I don't share their respectful
goals, but I may promote and market a "Apache OpenOffice.org" product as far
as it's open source and a *complete*, good software.

I'm not talking about "philosophies" or "license", but rather about what
approach to the market this Apache project will have.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: