Isn't this pretty clearly protected as a parody? The Gawker post mentions
is:
http://gawker.com/5084164/fake-new-york-times-declares-iraq-war-over-heres-who-did-itand
someone in the comments (somewhere between 50 and 60) says they took a
bunch into the Times building and most ppl really liked it and it was
declared (by Times staffers, no idea how high up) to be protected by fair
use.