Quoting NAKATA Maho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Development speed, method doesn't scale linearly; it does mean
if # of participants doubled, speed doesn't double, this is a big
problem for OOo. As a small example, CVS doesn't scale.
http://ooo.ximian.com/ooo-build.html

I have the feeling that Sun engineers are also frustrated by this just as much as we do. They don't say that out loud, but seeing comments from Martin H in the issue Hirano-san posted, and one of his previous blog entires give me such impression.

But when we ask ourselves "what's the alternative?", the first thing that comes
to my mind is Subversion. And the interesting thing is, it is no one other
than Collab.Net who develops Subversion. Does that mean we will see us
switching to Subversion sometime in the future? I don't know. But that's a
possibility.

Just some random speculation...

Kohei