Apostolos wrote:
> I am part of the TeX builders team. There we provide binaries for extinct
> OSes but not for AIX...

We get it -- you want kernel mode-setting instead of user space mode setting
for the Illumos graphics driver stack. Please go write it instead of whining
about its absence at every possible opportunity.

Your opinions on everything GUI vs CLI and which operating systems are relevant
and and which are not are exactly that -- opinions crafted from your own very
specific and apparently very narrow view of computing. There are literally
dozens of alternative operating systems out there with modern GUIs that you may
find more to your liking.

You are free to choose one and stop bombarding us with your negativity and
pedantic behavior. Of course, these are merely my opinions so I shall not
attempt to enforce them on a community that may or may not share my viewpoint.

-Gary