About XHCI,

I have never heard of a USB 3.0 input device that cannot operate in USB 2.0
or lower compatibility mode. Can you share this hardware that everyone has
that is breaking Solaris? Even USB 3.0 onboard (I haven't checked recently,
so this might not be accurate anymore) will usually allow you to run USB3
devices in a USB2 compatibility mode that will allow existing AHCI drivers
to interface with these devices.

I would be interested in working on compiling MATE and Xfce for Solaris, if
it isn't available already. Let me know. I plan on building a new desktop
rig in the next 6 months that will have Solaris running in some kind of
virtualization environment, and OpenIndiana is my primary interest. Anyone
need that software contributed?

I'd need some information on how to set up a build environment for IPS
inclusion, though, most of the HOWTOs I've seen are rather confusing.

Thanks for letting me chip in.

-Alex Smith
-Kent, Washington USA

" 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the
first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
warning... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we’re all
episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith
- Kent, Washington (metropolitan Seattle area)