Gmail is essential for managing this list. I would not be able to keep up if
Gmail did not collapse the 50 responses to one IxDA topic into one line in
my inbox!

Messaging apps all seem pretty user friendly. We have Sametime at work and
the one drawback is that I haven't figured out how to save the conversation
thread. Most of the other apps I have used do this automatically or offer
and easy way to save your conversation as a text file.

Cheers,
Julie