On Nov 27, 2007, at 9:42 AM, Jeff White wrote:

> But I disagree with Alan, Jared and Todd **if** they are proposing
> that personas are always useful and should always be done. That just
> is not realistic, at least for the environment I work in.

Funny, that's what the folks at ATT told us when we did the redesign
of their ecommerce site a few years back—there's no time for user
research. So, we did it anyway. We went down to a couple of local
mobile phone shops and talked to customers and sales people. It took a
couple of hours and we gathered some really great data from actual
users that informed the design.

There's always time in every environment. You just have to take it.
The more you do personas, the better you get at them and the more
efficient you become. And btw, they don't always have to be a long
drawn out process. Like any other deliverable, you create them based
on the resources you have, accepting their fidelity accordingly.

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]