On Nov 27, 2007, at 5:28 PM, Robert Hoekman, Jr. wrote:

> Or ACD. :)
>
> As a profession, we need more choices. Rather, we need to *recognize*
> the choices that are already out there whether they fit into a UCD
> mold or not, and at least be willing to believe there is more than one
> way to skin the proverbial cat.

I still don't buy there's anything to this activity-based design
stuff. (Of course, you'll never find me referring to anything as user-
centered design, either.)

Good design is about understanding who you're designing for and what
they are trying to do. Whether you focus on differences in the
individual or differences in their goals/objectives/tasks/activities,
is going to depend on the nature of the design project and what
you're trying to accomplish.

In the end, it's all about having information to make informed design
decision, no matter what stupid label you apply to it.

Jared

Jared M. Spool
User Interface Engineering
510 Turnpike St., Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED] p: +1 978 327 5561
http://uie.com  Blog: http://uie.com/brainsparks