This is a topic near and dear to my heart, probably because I was a fairly
dedicated musician before joining the ranks of the digital
workers. I think there's a strong connection between music and design ...

I'll throw out a plug for Boston-based finetune.com, a streaming music
service where you can create your own play lists.
It's quite useful when you're on the road or on site at a client
location--provided you have a broadband connection.
When I'm in the office, I plug my laptop into some killer speakers to get
the full effect.

As for genres, I find jazz and electronic music--particularly drum and
bass--to be great for getting in the zone.

--
Jonathan Follett
HOT KNIFE DESIGN, INC.

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]