I know this thread is probably over-cooked, but I think it's absolutely
ludicrous to
suggest that whether or not you get to do "interesting work" depends on your
geographic location.  Job/project opportunities may be more abundant in
cities,
but the "interestingness" of the work comes more from the individual than
the
work itself.

- Russ
blog: http://www.dexodesign.com

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Dwayne King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2008, at 7:26 AM, Dan Saffer wrote:
>
> > Location still matters.
>

> I don't know. We're based in Portland Oregon, we do some local work
> but most of our revenue comes from San Francisco and Washington D.C.
>
> It makes for a fair amount of plane travel and web conferencing, but
> all in all it allows us to live where cost of living is reasonable,
> quality of life is high an keeps our rates in check to be more
> competitive than a lot of the NYC and SF groups.
>
> That said, finding people is tough in Portland also. It seems supply
> and demand is out of whack.
>
> best regards,
> Dwayne

Russell Wilson
Vice President of Product Design, NetQoS
Blog: http://www.dexodesign.com