I'm working on an internal application where users need to add, edit,
delete and cancel rows in a table. In this case, the items are names of
salespeople, however, this pattern of adding and editing rows is used
quite frequently in the application.  This is a "home grown" application
written in .NET and there is not a lot of creativity on the part of
developers and predominant style is using lots of visible yellow grids
(no kidding!)

Can anyone point me to some good examples where this pattern is
implemented?  I'm trying to get out of listing the four actions icons
(add, edit, delete and cancel) next to each row.  This seems to be the
solution the developers as it's the most straightforward from their
point of view.  I'm thinking if I can present some good alternatives
(not to mention better icons) I might be able to influence the business
towards another solution (particularly if I can reduce key strokes and
reduce the clutter).

Thanks for your help and I'm really enjoying this list.  I am learning a
great deal from all of you!

David

PS  Does anyone have any good suggestions or software for converting
.ico to gifs?

David B. Fine

Bowne Technology Enterprise

Bowne & Co.

55 Water Street

New York, NY  10041-0006

212-924-5500

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

phone: 212-658-5694

mobile: 914-671-5939

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this Internet email is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.