There is a wealth of literature on Orwellian "newspeak". For well-reasoned
opinion look up books by Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn.

Here, for example, Chomsky discusses two ideas of "democracy" (similar to
the notion of "American people"):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doDKkiQejC0.

Twain's, Orwell's and Huxley's classic books are also educational (look up
Orwell's essay on English language).

Oleh