On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 6:46 PM, W Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To Oleh's point -- the best article to read on language and politics by
> Orwell is his article in 1946 - "Politics and the English Language," which
> is even more true today then in 46 - since at that point, most politicians,
> at least in theory - understood good rhetoric, a strong argument, and
> reason. Today that is not the case.
> The link to it is here: http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/orwell46.htm

Thanks Will and Oleh. I was unfamiliar with the Orwell article and found it
thoughtful reading.

One of my favorite things about this forum are the reading recommendations.
I'm currently deep into "The Black Swan" by Nassim Nicholas Taleb based upon
an earlier suggestion and it's an eye-opener. All the best,

Michael