On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Jeff Garbers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Why aren't we talking to our computers yet? Should we be?

Or cars. I've been thinking about BMW's iDrive while following this thread.
This is a screen-based control system that also has a voice control
interface. I remember reading comments elsewhere from a BMW salesperson who
said that he sat new owners down in their cars and helped them train the air
conditioner. That way they could issue commands vocally without taking their
eyes off the road.

The idea of using voice recognition as a navigation layer superimposed on
other controls is interesting, but I'll admit I'm glad my older 3-series has
pushbuttons.

Michael Micheletti