I use Morae Recorder, Observer, and Manager regularly. Manager is a little
bit clunky, but now that I understand how it works I don't find it to be all
that difficult to use.

The only reason to use Observer, IMO, is if you planning on logging during
the session. For example, I've used a programmable keypad to mark quotes or
interesting parts of sessions, which then makes analysis and video
highlights much easier later on. The problem is that you need a second
computer nearby so that you can run Observer and connect the keypad.

Paul Nuschke
Senior Design Researcher
ELECTRONIC INK(c)
www.electronicink.com