To me the MS vs. the MA matters less than what is the content of the
curriculum and the "portfolio" you have coming out of it. If you
indeed want to be an Interaction DESIGNER and not an INTERACTION
designer (designer vs. engineering styles of doing interaction
design) then it looks like the MA or better Masters in Interaction
Design would be best. Whichever coursework includes the greatest
number of design studio courses.

I look at it this way, what is the ratio of theory to studio.
High to Low = MS and in my mind is not really interaction design but
is really an HCI degree which makes you qualified as a
researcher/evaluator. If it is Low to High = MA or MFA or MIxD, and
then you are a designer. Yeah!!!

Now, before everyone jumps on me. You DEFINITELY need theory courses
in there to be a good interaction designer, but I would limit pure
theory coursework to a minimum like Cog-Psy, etc. and teach design
theory more as a part of studio classes.

That's me!

-- dave