Great inputs from all.

Another item I want to throw into the mix here, is, where in the
organization are you and how much sponsorship for UX ? That alone
would set the tone to how the team should be created and the kind of
skills you need etc...etc...etc

Are you a cost center or a revenue center? , that is another major
differentiator  which would lead to what a good team should be made up
off.....

Cost centers & revenues centers in my experience needs different types
of experience and skill levels ......

Regards,

Jay Kumar