I'm wondering what tools people use to create large scale menu
structures. For instance, if you were asked to work with a hierarchical
menu for a 10000 page site, how would you manipulate the menu?

Currently, I use Word's outlining feature, which lets me see structure
easily, expand and contract categories, promote and demote, and so on. I
use a style called "Note" to write notes to myself about a particular
section or item, which I can later delete or keep to show in the
documentation later.

To create pages I either type them in myself (sigh) or (brightens!)
import them after creating a sitemap list with a spider or client
sitemap.

Does anyone have something better? I've seen people working in Excel but
I find that clunky. Axure has a sitemapping tool which seems to be more
about linking to pages inside Axure, ditto Visio. Intuitect has
something but I'm not familiar with it, and it seemed when I looked at
the demo that you couldn't export it out afterwards or import pages in,
forcing you to create each one yourself.

Alinta Thornton
User Experience Lead

independent digital media
web publishing | marketing+technology services | publisher solutions
Westside, Level 2 Suite C, 83 O'Riordan Street, Alexandria NSW Australia
2015
PO Box 7160, Alexandria, NSW 2015
W www.idmco.com.au

B http://eezia.blogspot.com