First off, the examples given above are mostly cases where people
don't have a domain. Maybe they don't want to go through the whole
rigmarole of creating a website just for the purposes of showing a
trailer. In the first and second examples, after actually searching
Google for the content, I found that those advertisements had no DNS
specific name for their content. Rather they were relying on several
sites (i.e. youtube, aol, flickr, myspace, facebook) to display their
content for them.

Secondly, Morten, I agree with you about the domain industry cooling
down. Today more and more we see users relying on big name domains to
supply the space for their content (i.e. Online stores, pics, videos,
etc). We can also see websites (Mark's example: Craigslist) lack of
willingness to expand certain search capabilities because they know
that Google or some other search engine will or already does do it
for them. Unfortunately this practice, in my opinion, is ultimately
bad for users. If we continue to rely on monster search engines to
aggregate our wants and needs, the highest bidding advertiser will
dictate those wants and needs to us.

Lastly, a name for the behavior. One may already exist, but I have
not found or heard of it. If I can be so bold I would like to submit
my own suggestions...

1. Site   Term = Perfection (STEP). For example, you could have a
G-STEP (i.e. Google   Wikipedia   "Rome" = Perfection)  and a
Y-STEP. Have you "G-STEP"ped it yet? No, but I have been
"Y-STEP"ing.

2. Advertisement Sponsored Redirect (ASR)

3. Or my favorite..."Searching"...okay not original, but if you
don't want to complicate the term of the behavior that's what I
would go with :)

2cents from Jake