I don't think this was ever about IxDers changing society in all contexts,
conditions, and situations where behavioral economics and psychology play a
part.

*It wasn't.  *

*This was about* - in the context of designing things (products, software,
solutions, services), IxDers - when they are empowered to do so, should
consider knowledge and understanding from these fields related to social
pysch and behavioral economics to guide and shape, perhaps even to influence
positive outcomes but only within the context of the product, service,
solution they are actually designing.

No matter how much theory I study, or how good/bad a designer I am - I don't
work for Gillette, and therefore, I have zero influence over the 1 Billion
disposable razors they stick in landfills every year - as a designer - I do,
as a consumer, but that is outside the purvue of this list.

Within the context of social media apps that I have designed that had
reputation and rewards systems built in to influence behavior, I could -
perhaps I should, allow for opportunities for users to contribute positively
to their community.

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | w...@semanticfoundry.com
aim: semanticwill
gtalk: semanticwill