My thoughts are very much along the same lines as Fred's.

Business Strategy and Design Strategy are two very different beasts.
In my corporate experience business strategy leads and is part of the
RFP, pitch-creation, pitch process and rarely involves a UX
professional.

Design strategy happens after the contracts are signed and usually
fuels research.  If the UX team doesn't understand the thinking
behind the pitch and the purpose of the RFP they could very well
waste a lot of time and money on paths of lesser importance,
especially in large scale work.

So what do we need to know?  We need to know what the RFP requested
and how and why the pitch team solved for it.  We also need to know
that the pitch team [read: business strategists] value our work
enough to include us when appropriate.  In corporate structures pitch
teams rarely care once a pitch is won.  They exist for the thrill of
the hunt and need to be constantly reminded of the efficiencies to
including the next step in their processes.  This is just as true for
UX professionals including developers [specifically database] in the
design strategy phase.