Nothing wrong with metaphors, Dave. In fact, I think we should be using more of them to communicate ideas. :)

Cheers,
Jeff

David Malouf wrote:
For me the IxD strategy portion is about creating the narrative that
is the framework around the interactions and interfaces we design.

In the end interaction designers are the story tellers and the
interface and industrial designers are the production artists of the
theater that is the user experience.

The back and forth of the business side is the pre-quel or pre-story
that the interaction designer needs to build in their work in order
to sustain the narrative that will be the product/service.

Oy! metaphor waterfall (doh!! I did it again!)

-- dave